Natalie Sorrell Charlesworth
Poet/Aspiring Novelist/Artist/Illustrator/Genealogist/Arts Organiser
2010-2013 BA in English Literature with Creative Writing and Practice at Lancaster University
2013- 2014 MA in Creative Writing at Lancaster University
2015 – onwards PhD in Creative Writing at Lancaster University
I’m a published poet and you can find my work here:
- ‘Our Sunday afternoon feature film’ My Dear Watson: The Very Elements in Poetry (November 2015)
- ‘Nervosa’ and ‘Caulking’ Poems to Talk About 2014, Poetic Republic (December 2014)
- ‘Shadowboxing’ – Love Is In The Air, Forward Poetry (July 2014)
- ‘Long Exposure’ – Essence of Love, Forward Poetry (July 2014)
- ‘Double Exposure’, ‘Forster Family Portrait’ and ‘After-Image’ Lightsink: Lancaster Writing Programme Creative Writing MA Anthology 2014 (June 2014)
- ‘Phantom’, ‘Developing’, ‘Clearances’ – Subtext Magazine, Issue 1 (July 2013)
I have won the Poetic Republic Portfolio Prize 2014 with ‘Nervosa’ and ‘Caulking’. ‘Nervosa’ was also shortlisted for the Poetic Republic Single Poem Prize 2014. I have been shortlisted for Jane Martin Poetry Prize 2014. ‘Confession of a Spiritualist’ was commended in Elbow Room 2015.
I’m fascinated by literature and language in general but I have a particular interest is all forms of poetry and the genres of fantasy, science fiction, historical fiction and crime.
I am an active board member of Litfest – the charity behind Lancaster Literature Festival. I am also in the process of drafting a novel called The Ladybird Winter and working on my PhD. I continue to work as a freelance artist and genealogist. You can see all my artwork at my shiny new Portfolio but the Facebook page for North West Genealogy is still under construction. Both sites can be accessed through the links. I also run the blog for Coulthard One Name Study an innovative attempt to condense the information we have gathered researching such a wide-ranging and complex family.