1. The third Godslayer Chronicles book from James Clemens
I’m pretty much at the stage of accepting that this is not going to happen. But it doesn’t stop me from hoping. I don’t know if it’s an issue with publishing deals or if he just wasn’t enjoying writing them anymore, but I loved this series.
2. A sequel to The Goblin Emperor by Katherine Addison
I hope that this is a possibility – the world Addison has created is incredibly detailed and there is so much more to be explored within it. Please!
3. A sequel to The Long Way to a Small Angry Planet by Becky Chambers
I also hope this is a genuine possibility. I guess, like The Goblin Emperor it could be left as it is but there is a whole universe out there to be explored and Chambers’ world is SOOOO cooool.
4. I wish we could read all the books Terry Pratchett never had a chance to write
He died far too soon, and the glimpses of his other potential works in Rob’s note at the end of The Shepherd’s Crown just brought home how much more he had to give. I completely agree that no one should write more novels within Discworld, I just wish he’d been able to do everything he wanted to.
5. The ability to read books again, as if it was the first time again
This is going to be on so many lists today. A true book-superpower.
6. I wish publishers didn’t switch cover designs part way through a series/ only re-release part of a series
This is INFURIATING. Why? Why do you want to muck up my lovely bookcase?
7. I wish governments understood the value of books and didn’t trivialise the importance of the arts
This goes on all over the shop, but it’s particularly bad in the UK at the moment. It’s horrendously short-sighted and small minded but endemic throughout the conservative government.
8. All book to film/TV/Radio adaptations must be perfect
Or at least more like the BBC Radio adaptation of Neverwhere than the Inkheart movie – yes I’m still in denial.
9. I need some sort of pocket universe full of bookshelves
It’s this or I’m going to be living in a house with no floor space or wall space.
10. Reading time
I need more guys and not to feel bad about it.